The glorious history of the temple reveals that demon Ravana threw a piece of the Pranalinga of Gokarna’s Mahabelshwara at this spot. This pilgrim’s and tourist’s paradise alike is rich in Dravidian style sculpture, with the temple having intricate carvings and statues. In addition to the coconut and areca groves, roaring sea in the west and east side towering hills this scenic spot also has the world’s tallest Neekakanta idol at 123 ft tall.
This scenic holy place, with its wonderful open beaches, jagged cliffs, mysterious coves and enigmatic quaint temples speak of an evasive culture of Gokarna. The temples offer to the religious, peace of Hindu rituals while sun, sand and surf compliment a reinvigorating holiday.
This picturesque and charming beach is one of the five famed beaches of Gokarna and its sacred Hindu syllable like OM shape gives it the eponymous name. Gokarna – the typical Indian temple down, showcases the best Hindu religious presentation with the compelling tranquility of beaches.
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from the hotel
- Private air-conditioned vehicle with a driver
- Packaged drinking water
- Hotel accommodation
- All meals
- Fuel and parking charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Soft drinks and other beverages
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Tour guide
- Costs arising out of circumstances like landslides, roadblocks and bad weather
- 06:00 AM Pick up from your hotel
- 07:30 AM Breakfast (on the way)
- 11:00 AM Arrival and sightseeing at Murudeshwar
- 12:15 PM After Sightseeing leave for Gokarna
- 02:00 PM Have lunch upon arrival at Gokarna
- 02:30 Visit the famous Hindu temples
- 03:00 PM Visit OM beach and relax
- 05:00 PM Have tea/coffee and proceed to Goa
- 08:30 PM Stop for dinner on the way
- 10:00 PM Arrival at your hotel in Goa
- The majestic experience of being underneath one of the tallest idols
- The scenic view of the sea and the intricate details of the temple structure
- The relaxed life at the popular OM beach