Explore a Nature Trail at Chorao Island
Nestled in the midst of tranquil waters, Chorao Island stands as a hidden gem in South Goa. This Nature trail at Chorao offers you a perfect respite from the bustling city life and gets you an ideal escape to the different world. Taking a trail here allows you to delve into the rich culture of Goa while exploring its enchanting landscape views which is a combination of breathtaking natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and an abundance of wildlife that is waiting to be explored.
Get ready to immerse yourself in its serene mangroves areas where you will discover the hidden treasures, and witness some truly awe-inspiring sights along the way which will create a sense of peace and serenity. Our journey will commence from here as we set sail on a ferry boat which will glide through the mesmerizing Dr Salim Ali wildlife sanctuary. This sanctuary is a home for over 400 species of birds, making it a paradise for nature lovers. As we navigate through the island's lush, dense mangroves, we will be able to fully appreciate its natural beauty. By meandering through the winding waterways, you can spot exotic migratory birds and other fascinating wildlife like crocodiles sleeping on the shores. A great time to visit these wetlands is during the winter when several migratory birds migrate here in search of warmer climes. These graceful creatures in their natural habitat are truly something to behold.
But that's not all – there are many more hidden gems waiting for you to be discovered on this nature trail to Chorao. We will then trek along a small hillock until we reach a vantage point offering picturesque views of this area. Its biggest church was built during the 15th century and has a Portuguese style architecture, making it another main highlight of Ilhas Dos Fidalgos (Chorao). With intricate architectural details that showcase its historical significance, the Church is truly impressive. As you tour this exciting place with our expired tour guides who are fluent in multiple languages, you will hear various stories about it.
Lastly, to top off your adventure nature trail at Chorao Island, get to visit one of Chorao Island's famous taverns for some Feni tasting - an authentic Goan experience not to be missed by anyone! So come and explore Chorao Island with us within the budget- where every step leads you closer to discovering the true essence of Goa's natural treasures.
Note that this trip will take you 4 hours to explore Chorao Island, and you will need transportation to get to the spots you wish to visit in between.
What is included in the tour
- Guided Trail
- Breakfast & Tea
- Travelling Goodies
- Seminary Visit
- Ferry Ride
- Temple Visit
- Local Goan Home for Snacks
What is NOT included in the tour
- Bottled Drinking Water
- Personal Expenses and Medication
- Additional time beyond the standard duration.
- A beautiful journey to the place known as Ilhas Dos Fidalgos ( The Island of the Noblemen) under the Portuguese and into its vast mangroves.
- Explore the most prominent areas for migratory birds in the entire country on a boat.
- Trek along a small hillock to a vantage point with picturesque view of the region where exists the ruins of an ancient seminary. (optional during summers)
- There are very few temples across the country dedicated to Lord Krishna and his biological mother Devki- feel the magic at the one that exists on this island.
- Local Tavern Visit
Please Note, this is a 4 hr journey to discover Rachol & Shiroda in South Goa. Our journey will begin at 8.30am and you will require your own transportation during the journey.
- We will start our trip with a good refreshment which is included in the package. As soon as we finish breakfast, we will proceed to explore the Rachol fort gate, the beginning of our sightseeing tour.
- We will then visit the historic Seminary that stands as a testament to Goa's rich Portuguese heritage. From our experienced tour guides, you will learn the ancient myths and facts about this ancient seminary.
- Our next stop is the Our Lady of Snows Church, which is also known as the Raia Church. In addition to being the first church built by the Portuguese, this church has a long and fascinating history to discover.
- Our next stop is the Rachol Bridge, which is the best and most popular photography point for people who love taking pictures. These ferry point moments captured will last a lifetime.
- In addition to Rachol Ferry Point, which has its beauty on one side and was ruled by the Portuguese, we will also explore Shiroda, which was untouched by the Portuguese. On this ferry ride from one shore to another, you will be able to experience Goa at its best.
- On arrival at Shiroda, we will enjoy a welcome drink before visiting the most beautiful and famous Hindu temple in the South, Kamakshi Temple. As far as architecture and surroundings are concerned, this temple is very unique. The place is always crowded with devotees seeking blessings from Kamashi Devi.
As a finale to the tour, we will have special Goan snacks that you will not find in any other city.