This tour takes you on a journey to the glorious years of Moghul dynasty in Karnataka. Stand in awe as you visit the second largest dome in the world at GolGumbaz and explore the mesmerizing mausoleum that inspired Agra's Taj Mahal, take a tour around the cluster of temples recognized as a World Heritage Site. The two day tour takes you to Bijapur, GolGumbaz, Ibrahim Roza, Malik-e-Maidan, Badami and Pattadakal
Deccan – a tribute to rich Indian culture and one time capital of the Adil Shahi Kings (1489-1686 AD), boasts of the picturesque Bijapur. The Bijapur tour is a tourist’s delight, Bijapur landscape is dotted with museums, mosques, palaces, watchtowers, fortification, strong gateways and various Moghul structures. A must see attraction is the GolGumbaz symbolizing the glorious Moghul dynasty.
This marvelous structure is the mausoleum of Muhammad Adil Shah. Brilliantly, the mausoleum houses without the support of pillars, the second largest dome in the world. The bravura of the structure is evident in the heavy bracketed cornice placed below the parapet and the dazzling seven storied octagonal spires placed at the four corners. Tourists are particularly enamored by the mystical whispering gallery – it echoes a whisper 11 times!
Ibrahim Roza tour:
This captivating mausoleum of Adil Shah II is believed to have inspired Agra’s, Taj Mahal. This palatial mosque has a common platform on which two building stand supported by arches. Sprawling beautiful gardens adorn the structure from three sides.
This 55 ton Canon has a lead shaped as Lions Jaw’s trying to eat an elephant. As per legend, it makes wishes come true!
Badami portrays a majestic scenic beauty essayed by famous cave temples. This colorful landscape has clean blue Agastya Lake, muddy greens, and sandstone browns. The cave temples have beautifully carved bracket figures, especially the third cave has an 18 armed Nataraja, striking 81 dance poses!
This World Heritage Site has a cluster of ten temples with intriguing and breathtaking architectural features. This popular tourist has temples going back to the 8th century, of Galaganatha, Kadasiddeshvara, and Jambulinga. It showcases fascinating and absorbing historical presentation of the Chalukyan architecture.
What is included in the tour
- Pick up from the hotel
- Private air-conditioned vehicle with a driver
- Packaged drinking water
- Hotel accommodation
- All meals
- Fuel and parking charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Soft drinks and other beverages
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Tour guide
- Costs arising out of circumstances like landslides, roadblocks and bad weather
- 04:30 - 05:00 AM Pick up from your hotel
- 08:30 AM Breakfast (on the way)
- 11:00 AM Arrival at Bijapur
- 02:30 PM After Sightseeing & lunch, leave for Badami
- 04:30 PM Arrival at Badami hotel
- 05:30 PM After being settled in your room, if time is permits proceed for a short sightseeing tour during daylight
- 08:00 PM Dinner at hotel
- 06:30 AM Wake up call (bed tea)
- 07:30 AM Breakfast at hotel
- 08:30 AM Badami sightseeing
- 02:00 PM Lunch at hotel
- 02:30 PM Leave for Goa
- 08:30 PM Arrival at your hotel in Goa
- What makes this tour special
- Experience the glorious years of Moghul dynasty
- Visit the second largest dome in the world
- Get mesmerized by the mausoleum that inspired Agra’s, Taj Mahal
- Enter the cave temples with carved bracket figures
- See the cluster of temples recognized as World Heritage Site